23/01/2014

Liebster Award!


Hello lovelies! I'm very excited to say that I've been nominated for The Liebster Award, I was reluctant to even start a blog in the first place as I thought no one would be interested or bother to read it so thankyou very much to the wonderful Lizzie for nominating me! The Liebster Award is an award to recognise blogs with under 200 followers



The rules are: 

1. Link the blog that nominated you for the award 
2. Choose 11 blogs to nominate - they must have under 200 followers 
3.  Answer 11 questions given to you
4. Let the people that you have nominated know that you have done so
5. You can't nominate the person who nominated you 
6. Create 11 questions for the people you nominated to answer
7. You must follow the blog that nominated you
I've also read on some blogs that have recieved the liebster award that you have to state 11 random facts about yourself so this is rule number 8 as it seems like a fun thing to do!

11 random facts:

1. I live in a tiny village pretty much in the middle of nowhere in England
2. At 17 I'm still a little bit scared of the dark
3. Until going to college I was the most shy and unconfident person ever, college has definitely helped me become more outgoing and has taught me not to care so much about what other people think
4. My friends and family are my world, especially my niece and nephews, I love them all to pieces
5. I love tattoos and already have the ones I want planned out in my head
6. I love Chinese food, I think I could eat it everyday and not get bored of it 
7. If I had the money I'd go shopping everyday (little bit obsessed)
8. One of my style icons is my grandma, she doesn't think herself as fashionable but she has some of the most amazing skirt suits and cardigans in her wardrobe and all bought from charity shops!
9. I hate cheese. Before you all shoot me yes i can eat pizza as i think it tastes different on a pizza than on it's own - and mozzarella i can tolerate 
10. My favourite band is The Arctic Monkeys 
11. I love piercings and I want so many of them, my most loved piercing is probably my tongue web


Here are the questions that Lizzie asked me:

1. What was the first makeup item you wore daily?
I only started to wear makeup properly when i started secondary school but i would only wear mascara and didn't start to use any other products until i was a little bit older.

2. Do you have any siblings?
I have one sister who is 7 years older than me, she's one of the best people in my life even though we argue whenever we're together.

4. What is your favourite fashion trend at the moment?
I'm really loving bold prints at the moment, topshop have some lovely new pieces in the moment that are lovely shades of orange, green and yellow that will look lovely in spring. I'm also a massive lover of anything houndstooth and have seen some lovely scarfs and coats that feature the print.

5. If you could only buy one item of makeup for the rest of your life, what would it be?
This is definitely a tough question for me but i think it would have to be mascara, even when i'm nipping down the street to the co-op i have to be wearing mascara, however I think I'd have to invest in some amazing skincare products to keep my skin looking good as I'd be lost without my to hide my blemishes.

6. One clothing item you couldn't live without?
Black skinny jeans without a doubt! I love my black high waisted Joni jeans from topshop as i can pair them with almost anything, they're so versitile and easy to style!

7. What is your favourite season of the year? Why?
I would like to say summer as when the sun is shining (very rarely in england but oh well!) it seems to make everything better, however i'm too pale for the sun as i burn way too easily so i spend most of the time in the shade trying to cool off, so for that reason probably Autumn as i'm still on holiday from college (i class middle of august autumn) it's cool enough for me to venture outside and stop living in shorts, it's also great time for fashion as i find that the nicest colours and patterns
 for clothes are around in autumn.

8. What place would you love to visit?
New York!! actually America in general but especially New York, it just seems like such an amazing city with so much to do/see, it's aslo home to some amazing shops, i'm determined to visit there as soon as i can!

9. Is there anything beauty related that you wish you could do but can't?
Hmm theres a lot of things beauty related i wish i could do! I love winged eye liner but i can never get both eyes to match and it annoys me alot more than it should! 

10. Who is your celebrity crush?
Alex Turner! and definitely Niall Horan, i can't really choose between them, Alex Turner is just the definition of cool and his voice is beautiful, Niall Horan is just so cute, I'm also completely in love with the Irish accent.

11. What is your favourite clothing store? Why?
99% of my wardrobe holds clothes from topshop, when i'm at college i find myself going to town to have a look in topshop most days,.their clothes always boast the most beautiful colours and prints, i'm just not such a big fan of the price tags! I'm hoping to branch out from topshop when i move away for University as it'l be easier to access a wide range of shops (living in a small village isn't the best for shopping)


Here are the questions for my nominees!

1. What's your favourite item in your makeup bag?
2. Where do you live and have you lived in any other countries?
3. Are you good at painting/drawing or any other type of art?
4. Which celebrities style do you like the most and why?
5. What career are you hoping to have?
6. What's your favourite feature of yourself? (it's not vain to love parts of yourself!)
7. What's your most worn piece of clothing?
8. What colour lipsticks do you usually buy? (reds/pinks/purples ect.)
9. What kind of music do you listen to?
10. What's your most loved skincare product
11. Which celebrity would you most want to read your blog?

Who I have nominated

1. justanotherpage
2. laurenbirdy
3. cityprincess
4. lovehellogorgeous
5. elle
6. stonefoxinc
7. lauraslandofbeauty
8. xosarahholt
9. lipstickandfoundation
10. lilyandellagrace
11. fashionistadigital




4 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading this post - a lot of these answers are very similar to me (I can't do winged eyeliner great on both eyes either haha). Glad I nominated you!! It's great to get to know more about everybody!!

    Lizzie // xBeautyMagic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had a lot of fun writing it so thankyou for nominating me, it's a really good idea to get to know other bloggers! xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Harriet, thanks for nominating me, at first i didn't get what this is about but now i know :)
    Like the idea.. you're able to find new blogger !

    Will start as soon as i can - ELLE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not problem! neither did i at first i had to google it hahah, yeah it's a good idea to find out more about the bloggers themselves xx

      Delete